Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Test, test, and more test


Still waiting! Yep, I was joking the other day that getting this surgery scheduled reminds me of being back at WMA or The Firm. Everyone has conflicts and there are no conference rooms available. I could have booked a promo tour by the time they finally pick a date for this surgery! You would think they are Local 1! (only some of you will get how funny I just was)

So today was my "pre-op" day. Even though I have no "op" date yet! I have to say everyone at Cedars is so nice.  I mean almost like Stepford nice. Dont get me wrong I totally appreciate it and it really has been a pleasant experience so far. However, I do have to wonder what kind of training they go through or what rules they have to adhere to. I do believe that it is all genuine and I would like to think that I'm a breath of fresh air and positivity. Although today I have to admit I was a little less bubbly and positive. It definitely does hit you when you are sitting alone in a surgical room with an iv that something is going on. It also really hits you when it takes the poor guy 3 times to get a vein! I warned him my veins roll and he didn't believe me. Yep...they literally will pop over to the other side or roll right out from under the needle. So as per my first suggestion he went for the hand and we finally got a good line for the IV! 

Today consisted of four (4) waiting rooms, one (1) blood test, one (1) EKG, one (1) Chest X-Ray, one (1) MRI! All taking about six (6) hours! Man I'm getting good at angry birds! I have also decided that I'm going to take artsy pictures of waiting rooms. Now considering I'll pretty much be at the same hospital I might not have any more to take! I think i'm also already bored with the idea. But below is my work from today! yes...not my best work but a fun start non the less!


                     

So to recap - pre op is done! Now we just wait on results to confirm if there are any other little surprises for us. As well as still waiting for my surgery date! I'll keep you posted! 

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude :) Fingers crossed that the test comes back with no surprises! <3
    Kellen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say enough, I LOVE YOUR ATTITUDE ABOUT THIS!! Stay positive friend!!

    ReplyDelete